[Mageia-dev] Issues with dracut

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 05:37:01 CET 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:22:30 -0500, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> Are things working OK for you now with dracut or is it still busted?

I've finally figured out why it wasn't working for my system.

Two separate problems.

First, /dev/$volumegroup/$logicalvolume symlinks are no longer created.
My fstab had ...
/dev/91/usr /usr ext4 defaults,relatime,user_xattr 1 2
which used to work, but /dev/91/usr is not created when
the lvm scan is run. /dev/mapper/91-usr is created, but not /dev/91/usr.

Second, on my single core system, the loop to process the things found by
udev only ran
while :; do

     check_finished && break
at which point it ended the loop, without trying to run the initqueue jobs.

I've attached a patch to fix the init script.

Would you prefer I open a new bug report for this?

Regards, Dave Hodgins