[Mageia-dev] Issues with dracut

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Feb 3 17:00:15 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and David W. Hodgins at 03/02/12 04:37 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:22:30 -0500, Colin Guthrie
> <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>
>> Are things working OK for you now with dracut or is it still busted?
>
> I've finally figured out why it wasn't working for my system.
>
> Two separate problems.
>
> First, /dev/$volumegroup/$logicalvolume symlinks are no longer created.
> My fstab had ...
> /dev/91/usr /usr ext4 defaults,relatime,user_xattr 1 2
> which used to work, but /dev/91/usr is not created when
> the lvm scan is run. /dev/mapper/91-usr is created, but not /dev/91/usr.

That's interesting... I get those symlinks here :s (tho' I am running a
slightly newer udev, so perhaps the version in your initrd is to blame?)

> Second, on my single core system, the loop to process the things found by
> udev only ran
> while :; do
>
>     check_finished && break
> at which point it ended the loop, without trying to run the initqueue jobs.
>
> I've attached a patch to fix the init script.

Interesting, but I'm not sure I fully agree with this. The initqueue is
very specifically skipped when certain circumstances are reached. There
must be a reason for this, but I'm not immediately able to say what.
I'll ask Harald.

That said, I've already written a reply to your other mail with a longer
explanation of what I think could be going on... there are a few
questions in there for you :)

> Would you prefer I open a new bug report for this?

Nah, no worries. I've seen it now :)