[Mageia-dev] Error message while trying checkout a package?with mgarepo

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Feb 12 11:16:26 CET 2012

Le samedi 11 février 2012 à 15:22 +0100, Dimitrios Glentadakis a écrit :
> Στις Σάββατο 11 Φεβρουάριος 2012 15:00:42 nicolas vigier γράψατε:
> > On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Dimitrios Glentadakis wrote:
> >
> > > Στις Σάββατο 11 Φεβρουάριος 2012 14:41:59 nicolas vigier γράψατε:

> > > it works, it gave me this:
> > >
> > > [dglent at localhost mgarepo]$ svn co svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/cauldron/null/current
> > > Password:
> > > Password:
> >
> > It shouldn't ask you for password if you uploaded your ssh key on
> > https://identity.mageia.org/
> >

> in https://identity.mageia.org/ i choose sshPublicKey i add my key , i clic ok but there is no field added  - (also i did it a second time and i did nt see that was the field Mobile, and i added in the mobile field. Now impossible to delete it. I have the message page not fount) -

>From ldap.log :

Feb 11 15:03:50 valstar slapd[2240]: conn=1159066 op=3 MOD
dn="uid=dglent,ou=People,dc=mageia,dc=org"
Feb 11 15:03:50 valstar slapd[2240]: conn=1159066 op=3 MOD
attr=sshPublicKey
Feb 11 15:03:50 valstar slapd[2240]: conn=1159066 op=3 RESULT tag=103
err=19 text=modify breaks constraint on sshPublicKey

Are you sure that you used the complete
It seems that the key that was uploaded was not in the good format. Can
you make sure that you used the complete ssh key, ie the whole line, not
just the binary encoded blurb in the middle. Without the beginning,
( ie ssh-rsa/ssh-dsa ), there is no way it would work, since openssh
cannot guess the format and the algo to use.

So try again by using the complete line :
ssh-rsa XXXx....XXXX foo at example.org

And if this solve the problem, could mentors please ensure that newer
packagers actually really understand how ssh is supposed to work before
directing them to sysadmin for diagnosing the same problem over and
over?

( alternative version : code proper error reporting in identity )
( 2nd alternative version : add a foolproof mgarepo command to create
and upload keys into our ldap )
--
Michael Scherer