[Mageia-dev] Beta 1 isos

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:50:17 CET 2012

2012/2/14 Anne nicolas <ennael at mageia.org>:
> Hi there
>
> We are starting building isos for Beta1, planned for 21/02. As usual
> please do not update major vesion until end of the release. As a
> reminder, version freeze is planned for 07/03 and we should now focus
> on fixing bugs.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Anne
> http://www.mageia.org

Hello,
For the softwares that upstream usually include bug fixes with new
version releases and there's no other packages depend on them, could
there be freeze exceptions for them? I'm currently an apprentice and
my package updates need to be submitted by my mentor. I might need to
update some of them after version freeze, before official release.

Currently I'm taking care of the following packages:
gcin (new version in svn, awaiting submit)
hime
pcmanx-gtk2 (new version in svn, awaiting submit)
libchewing
scim-chewing
And I'm quite certain that gcin and hime will have new releases after
version freeze. Both upstream development are very active.

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh