[Mageia-dev] Backports (WAS: Beta 1 isos)

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Tue Feb 14 11:48:39 CET 2012

Thank you Remco - the gist of what you say corresponds to my
recollection of the discussions I have seen. The problem is now, that I
am confronted with reality: 9 months release interval, a new upstream
release with lots of promising goodies around the corner - and
competitivity with other distros who happen to have a more fortunate timing.

Lets not open another lengthy discussion on this. But I suggest to file
these considerations somewhere, and assess the policy once there is more
practical experience (between backports and flexibility some solution is
needed rapidly)