[Mageia-dev] shadow-utils

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 28 12:03:58 CET 2012

Hi,

Someone needs to update this package - any volunteers? It's quite an
important package so please be careful if you are a novice :D

The latest version (4.1.5) contains a fix for a CVE so I think we should
update it before mga2... only problem is that that the tcb related
patches need rediffed. I didn't look closely, but I suspect this will
take a bit of time and a at least a bit of understanding of the code.
Perhaps it won't be too hard tho'.

I also think we should remove /usr/bin/login from that package (fedora
already do this). We already have /bin/login from util-linux (and also
had this in mga1) so providing two different login implementations from
two different packages but in different paths just seems like a recipe
for problems to me (and certainly will cause problems when we do the
/usr consolidation for mga3).

Any takers? If not, I'll have a look in a week or so.