[Mageia-dev] shadow-utils

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 28 12:28:53 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 28/02/12 11:03 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
>
> Someone needs to update this package - any volunteers? It's quite an
> important package so please be careful if you are a novice :D
>
> The latest version (4.1.5) contains a fix for a CVE so I think we should
> update it before mga2... only problem is that that the tcb related
> patches need rediffed. I didn't look closely, but I suspect this will
> take a bit of time and a at least a bit of understanding of the code.
> Perhaps it won't be too hard tho'.
>
> I also think we should remove /usr/bin/login from that package (fedora
> already do this). We already have /bin/login from util-linux (and also
> had this in mga1) so providing two different login implementations from
> two different packages but in different paths just seems like a recipe
> for problems to me (and certainly will cause problems when we do the
> /usr consolidation for mga3).
>
> Any takers? If not, I'll have a look in a week or so.

Oh forgot to mention that the current SVN doesn't build due to a source
file mismatch... Updating the spec to  match the binary version (which
is newer) works fine and the patches still apply. It's just the jump up
to 4.1.5 that causes the patches not to apply.

Cheers