[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release xdm-1.1.11-3.mga2

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Feb 29 18:59:03 CET 2012

Le mercredi 29 février 2012 à 18:44 +0100, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> Am 29.02.2012 17:34, schrieb Thierry Vignaud:
> > On 29 February 2012 17:08, dams<buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org>  wrote:
> >> dams<dams>  1.1.11-3.mga2:
> >> + Revision: 216185
> >> - Add 'Provides: dm' (bug #4532)
> >
> > This is wrong IMHO as the only packages that requires or suggest dm are:
> > - xguest
> > - task-xfce-minimal
> >
> > xguest didn't work with xdm and task-xfce-minimal had better require the dm it
> > wants like task-gnome&  task-kde do
> >
> > So I think this should be reverted. Let's fix task-xfce-minimal instead.
>
> Which brings back the question, which of our dms should provide dm?

None ?

After all, if dm is used for xguest, the provides used should reflect
that.

For drakdm, I think there is a hardcoded list, and as you say, every
task-* pull a prefered dm.

So what is it used for, except asking question to users ( and most that
would not care or not know what it mean ) ?

--
Michael Scherer