[Mageia-dev] Significant decrease of installed packages for a minimal installation

Païou paiiou at free.fr
Mon Jan 2 21:00:48 CET 2012

Hello, all

I just did a minimal installation of Mageia 1 (with updates)
(custom desktop, in the next window I uncheck all package groups,
 in the next window I check with X).
Everything is going very well.

And I have the pleasant surprise that, thanks to the updates,
the number of installed packages from 732 to 636.
That's what I wanted for a long time.

I compared the lists of packages and found that kdm is replaced by slim.
Being a naturally curious, I would like to know what causes this substitution,
and in general, causing the decrease of packages.bassies