[Mageia-dev] Existing Cauldron VM users willing to test gnome-boxes?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Thu Jan 12 13:53:29 CET 2012

Anyone making use of qemu + kvm for VMs on Cauldron?

Could you please install gnome-boxes, start it from the command line and
tell me if it works when you select some .iso file + create + start a
VM?
Please test on x86_64 (as host).

Note: It is not working for me, but I have solved all known problems. At
the moment I just like to know if perhaps it is my lack of VM knowledge
and/or a local problem.

Michael Hill has already done lots of testing + discussion with
upstream, but him+me fail to get a VM. Him due to a bug I think in
gnome-boxes on i586/i686, me.. no idea why it is failing.

--
Regards,
Olav