[Mageia-dev] Existing Cauldron VM users willing to test gnome-boxes?

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Fri Jan 13 00:14:46 CET 2012

On 01/12/2012 07:53 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> Anyone making use of qemu + kvm for VMs on Cauldron?
>
> Could you please install gnome-boxes, start it from the command line and
> tell me if it works when you select some .iso file + create + start a
> VM?
> Please test on x86_64 (as host).
>
> Note: It is not working for me, but I have solved all known problems. At
> the moment I just like to know if perhaps it is my lack of VM knowledge
> and/or a local problem.
>
> Michael Hill has already done lots of testing + discussion with
> upstream, but him+me fail to get a VM. Him due to a bug I think in
> gnome-boxes on i586/i686, me.. no idea why it is failing.

I'm using KVM for a windows 7 vm and I just tried to use gnome-boxes to create,
I guess, a vm for a drbl live cd and it created it but when I launch it the app
just shows a black screen and doesn't do anything.

There's not much documentation so I'm not sure exactly what's supposed to happen
versus what is happening.

I'll be happy to do some more testing if you can give me some pointers as to
what I'm looking for.

Scott