[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release meta-task-2-21.mga2

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:18:56 CET 2012

On 15 January 2012 22:49, Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:
>> This is wrong, you're just introducing two different behaviors:
>> - new installations will got drakcut&  systemd
>> - updated ones will keep mkinitrd&  sysvinit
>
> How about enhancing urpmi to read prefer.vendor.list during distro
> upgrade? That would solve this issue.
> either by a specific --upgrade flag,
> or automatically when mageia-release-common bumps version, would that
> work ?

This is already done. But prefer choice only apply to initial package
installation.
Once a package is installed, what matters are the package tags (provides,
obsoletes, ...)

> Or maybe we should add systemd and dracut as suggests to basesystem ?
> (and not the hard requires on systemd...), that would pull them in.

Hard requires are not an issue:
- for systemd if systemd-sysvinit isn't hard required, which was
already the case
- for drakcut, as alternatives are used

> If both dracut and mkinitrd provides mkinitrd, the prefer list must
> contain the one we want by default, wich is what I did here.

Yes but you also remove all of the obsolete/provides tag, which prevents drakcut
to replace mkinitrd on upgrade.

What needs to be carefully tested is to bump sysvinit/mkinitrd
provides in systemd/drakcut
and check upgrade.