[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release meta-task-2-21.mga2

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Mon Jan 16 10:37:01 CET 2012

Thierry Vignaud skrev 16.1.2012 11:18:
> On 15 January 2012 22:49, Thomas Backlund<tmb at mageia.org>  wrote:
>>> This is wrong, you're just introducing two different behaviors:
>>> - new installations will got drakcut&    systemd
>>> - updated ones will keep mkinitrd&    sysvinit
>>
>> How about enhancing urpmi to read prefer.vendor.list during distro
>> upgrade? That would solve this issue.
>> either by a specific --upgrade flag,
>> or automatically when mageia-release-common bumps version, would that
>> work ?
>
> This is already done. But prefer choice only apply to initial package
> installation.

Which is why I asked if it should do it during upgrade too ?

> Once a package is installed, what matters are the package tags (provides,
> obsoletes, ...)
>
>> Or maybe we should add systemd and dracut as suggests to basesystem ?
>> (and not the hard requires on systemd...), that would pull them in.
>
> Hard requires are not an issue:
> - for systemd if systemd-sysvinit isn't hard required, which was
> already the case

Doh, I forgot about that it was sysvinit vs systemd-sysvinit and not
systemd itself :(

so systemd can/must be readded as requires.

> - for drakcut, as alternatives are used

Yep. useful as long as there is a mkinitrd on the mirrors.

>> If both dracut and mkinitrd provides mkinitrd, the prefer list must
>> contain the one we want by default, wich is what I did here.
>
> Yes but you also remove all of the obsolete/provides tag, which prevents drakcut
> to replace mkinitrd on upgrade.

Check again. I only removed Obsoletes, the Provides is still there:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/dracut/current/SPECS/dracut.spec?r1=194858&r2=196541

But I guess I need to bump rel on provides to be mkinitrd rel + 1

And maybe readd the obsoletes with current mkinitrd rel - 1
That way mkinitrd will stay on the mirrors, but an automatic
upgrade to dracut will happend from Mageia 1.

> What needs to be carefully tested is to bump sysvinit/mkinitrd
> provides in systemd/drakcut
> and check upgrade.

Yeah, systemd-sysvinit provides (and maybe possible obsoletes)
need to be checked

I will recheck the EVRs and fix the "mess"

--
Thomas