[Mageia-dev] KDE 4.8 updates and panel issues

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Wed Jan 25 11:34:19 CET 2012

On Wednesday 25 January 2012 10:47:07 Robert Fox wrote :
> I just updated two systems to the latest Cauldron with KDE 4.8 packages
> - looking good, except that the panel is now in "Classic Menu" mode and
> there is no longer the option to switch to "Application Launcher Menu"
>
> Am I missing something?
Yep,  you probably missed my previous mail regarding the fix for plasmarc
reading files ( https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2012-
January/011473.html which is fact might be wrong because even people removing
the ~/.kde4/ will probably encounter this bug )
So here i would say that you're running 2 pannels (the one that was available
before the commit after 4.7.90) & the one you probably added to fix this issue.

You should removed this panel.

One more point is that the kde update is of course not complete so far (&
since the BS is currently under a perl flood i don't know when it will be fixed
:p )

Regards,
--
Balcaen John