[Mageia-dev] Fwd: GNOME 3.4 will rely on hostnamed, localed, timedated D-Bus API

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jan 27 11:07:48 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 27/01/12 00:00 did gyre and gimble:
> Daemons will work under sysvinit. Just need to be installed

Cool, I'll keep it in mind. They shouldn't need anything special to be
honest and I think systemd is required by basesystem anyway so these
daemons will always be installed and thus activateable over dbus. With
that in mind, I'm not sure we actually need to do much? (although I'm
just "thinking" about the problem rather than really looking at it -
gnome-control-center coredumps here right now so can't really test
things too much - will have to look into it at some point!).