[Mageia-dev] Fwd: GNOME 3.4 will rely on hostnamed, localed, timedated D-Bus API

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jan 27 16:52:50 CET 2012

Le vendredi 27 janvier 2012 à 10:07 +0000, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 27/01/12 00:00 did gyre and gimble:
> > Daemons will work under sysvinit. Just need to be installed
>
> Cool, I'll keep it in mind. They shouldn't need anything special to be
> honest and I think systemd is required by basesystem anyway

I fear some people may not like this, can we avoid adding a hard
requires, and in this case, split the package ?

( or at least, if we cannot do otherwise, we need to document it, and
how to disable systemd in the release notes, with clear instruction.
People will complain, but we will answer "this is documented" ).

--
Michael scherer