[Mageia-dev] virtuoso-t (nepomuk?) takes too much memory (and CPU)

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Mon Jan 30 11:08:25 CET 2012

On Monday 30 January 2012 08:32:20 Maarten Vanraes wrote :
[...]
> reply said it was needed for kmail. can i really disable this and still have
> functional kmail?
You can disable it, you'll miss (at least from the shiny yellow banner you're
getting in kmail) autocompletion for contact, lists support & cryptographic
options per user but maybe it's more than that i don't know.

> and how?
> iirc there was suddenly this icon about desktop search? I assume
> that's it? i removed the applet, but i guess it didn't stop. how can i stop
> this permanently? without also disabling kmail to work?
You can use systemsettings to configure/(dis)enable the desktop search function
(also know as nepomuk :p ).

Regards,
--
Balcaen John