[Mageia-dev] virtuoso-t (nepomuk?) takes too much memory (and CPU)

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:48:18 CET 2012

> On Monday 30 January 2012 08:32:20 Maarten Vanraes wrote :
> [...]
>>
>> reply said it was needed for kmail. can i really disable this and still
>> have
>> functional kmail?
> You can disable it, you'll miss (at least from the shiny yellow banner
> you're
> getting in kmail) autocompletion for contact, lists support &
> cryptographic
> options per user but maybe it's more than that i don't know.

hmm, i like these functions. this is why i asked, because i like these
functions, but still, even when it's been configured by default as using
50MB, it's over 200MB, and using all these resources.

is this fixable? looking at those bug reports, it looks like this has been
going on for a while now...

>> and how?
>> iirc there was suddenly this icon about desktop search? I assume
>> that's it? i removed the applet, but i guess it didn't stop. how can i
>> stop
>> this permanently? without also disabling kmail to work?
> You can use systemsettings to configure/(dis)enable the desktop search
> function
> (also know as nepomuk :p ).

disabling this desktop search does not have effect on the kmail?

i would guess not from how you put it, but i'm just asking for
confirmation here :-)