[Mageia-dev] php-smarty vs. php-Smarty

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:59:21 CEST 2012

Am 16.07.2012 00:21, schrieb Thomas Spuhler:
> There are two spellings of smarty on distis.
> Mageia and Mandriva use php-smarty, Fedora use php-Smarty and SUSE uses php-
> smarty but internally has /Smarty/Smarty.xxx
We use php-smarty as package name because our policy says to take lower
case names.

> /usr/share/php/Smarty/Smarty.class.php
> ours is /usr/share/php/smarty/Smarty.class.php
> This creates problems of dependencies of programs that call for
> Smarty/Smarty.class.php
That could of course be changed. The creation of the lower case
directory is done "manually" in the spec file.
But do you know, if there's software calling for the lowercase name?
So we do not fix it for some but break it for others.

Oliver

--
Oliver Burger aka obgr_seneca

Mageia contributor