[Mageia-dev] php-smarty vs. php-Smarty

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:28:24 CEST 2012

Am 16.07.2012 08:59, schrieb Oliver Burger:
> But do you know, if there's software calling for the lowercase name?
> So we do not fix it for some but break it for others.

A thought that ocurred to me about this:
We could rename those folders to the upper case (when Fedora and Suse do
it that way and most other problems using smarty search for it) and
provide a symlink to the lower case name so we don't break compatibility.

We could mention in the README.urpmi that the lower case folder name is
deprecated and will be removed in the future, so people do have some
time to change it in their web applications.

WDYT?

Oliver