[Mageia-dev] ANNOUNCE: The /usr move cometh! <---- Instructions

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Sun Jul 22 05:18:08 CEST 2012

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 02:39:42 +0100
Colin Guthrie wrote:

> >  6. Reboot.
> >  7. At the bootloader prompt, edit the command line and append: "rw
> > rd.convertfs" (without the quotes) to your command line and then
> > boot.
> >
> > That should be all that is needed :)
>
> Oh, yeah, after reboot, make sure you complete the rest of the
> updates :)

I am not getting the filesystem conversion.

What am I doing wrong?

I updated dracut and everything else that would install

rpm -q dracut
dracut-017-22.mga3

Regenerated initrd for the running kernel using
dracut -f -a convertfs

Reboot

At the command prompt I append
rw rd.convertfs

No conversion occurs
installing filesystem-2.1.9-18.mga3.x86_64.rpm
from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms
Installation failed:	rpmlib(X-CheckUnifiedSystemdir) is needed
by filesystem-2.1.9-18.mga3.x86_64

I do not have a separate /usr

    Charles

--