[Mageia-dev] ANNOUNCE: The /usr move cometh! <---- Instructions

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jul 22 10:19:26 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Charles A Edwards at 22/07/12 04:18 did gyre and gimble:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 02:39:42 +0100
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>>>  6. Reboot.
>>>  7. At the bootloader prompt, edit the command line and append: "rw
>>> rd.convertfs" (without the quotes) to your command line and then
>>> boot.
>>>
>>> That should be all that is needed :)
>>
>> Oh, yeah, after reboot, make sure you complete the rest of the
>> updates :)
>

> I am not getting the filesystem conversion.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> I updated dracut and everything else that would install
>
> rpm -q dracut
> dracut-017-22.mga3
>
> Regenerated initrd for the running kernel using
> dracut -f -a convertfs
>
> Reboot
>
> At the command prompt I append
> rw rd.convertfs
>
> No conversion occurs
> installing filesystem-2.1.9-18.mga3.x86_64.rpm
> from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms
> Installation failed:	rpmlib(X-CheckUnifiedSystemdir) is needed
> by filesystem-2.1.9-18.mga3.x86_64
>
> I do not have a separate /usr

When you reboot please append the following:

  rw rd.convertfs rd.break=pre-pivot

and make sure your remove the following

  splash silent

As noted earlier, this will drop you to two debug shells. Type "exit" at
the first one and then you should see the conversion taking place,
including any errors relating to rolling back the change and why.

that should give you some clues.

Cheers