[Mageia-dev] My feeeling about the rpmlib(X-CheckUnifiedSystemdir) dependency

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Fri Jul 27 12:13:41 CEST 2012

Le jeudi 26 juillet 2012 11:26:05 Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and Olivier Thauvin at 26/07/12 08:05 did gyre and gimble:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I do think the way we enforce the need of migrate to /usr fs is just an
> > abuse of rpm.
> >
> > By using the a rpmlib() dependency we create in fact this dependency
> > tree:
> > filesystem => rpm with X-CheckUnifiedSystemdir patch => check fs
> > whereas we want:
> > filesystem => check fs
> >
> > THere another to perform the check w/o needing patch in rpm (so w/o
> > needing a specific rpm first): using pre script.
> >
> > If the %pre script failed rpm will refuse to install the rpm, so
> > something like that:
> >
> > export LC_ALL=C
> >
> > [ "`stat /bin -c %F`" == 'symbolic link' ] || exit 1
> >
> > or the same using lua.
>
> This is an interesting idea, but I wonder why the redhat guys didn't do
> it that way so I'll discuss it with them when I get a chance.
>
> I'm also not sure where the circular dep is (I can't see why filesystem
> has to be upgraded to install the newer rpm: but I'll have to do some
> tests next week in a VM to see if it comes to light).
As said on irc (#mageia-kde)  i've got that when i was upgrading on cauldron :

rpm -qp --requires lib64db5.2-5.2.42-2.mga3.x86_64.rpm
filesystem >= 2.1.9-18
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
libc.so.6()(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.15)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)
libpthread.so.0()(64bit)
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2)(64bit)
rtld(GNU_HASH)
rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.6-1

Where lib64db5.2 is required by rpm (lib64rpm3) to get installed, but
filesystem can't be installed since rpm was not updated to provide this
filesystem :)

--
Mageia Contributor