[Mageia-dev] ANN: x11-server 1.12 landing on cauldron

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Jun 6 18:28:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'll start pushing x11-server 1.12 to core/release.

Now we have tested it some already with rpms in "core updates testing"
and think it is ready for all to start testing and use it.

So you might whant to wait with updating until all needed packages are
rebuilt.

I will post a follow-up message to this mail when it should be safe to
upgrade.

NOTE!

For those of you using the proprietary AMD fglrx driver, I will
upload fglrx 8.98 (Catalyst 12.6beta) as it's the first one to
support the new x11-server.

But Amd has dropped support for any hw older than HD5000 in the
new driver so you need to switch to the free driver if you have
older hw. (there is some rumours of a fglrx-legacy in the works,
but I dont know when/if it will show up, or what it will support)

So you have been warned :)

--
Thomas