[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release nfs-utils-1.2.6-2.mga3

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 08:26:18 CEST 2012

Le 12/06/2012 02:37, JA Magallón a écrit :
> On 06/12/2012 02:29 AM, JA Magallón wrote:
>> On 06/11/2012 10:22 PM, guillomovitch wrote:
>>> Name        : nfs-utils                    Relocations: (not
>>> relocatable)
>>> Version     : 1.2.6                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
>>> Release     : 2.mga3                        Build Date: Mon Jun 11
>>> 22:21:14 2012
>>> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host:
>>> ecosse.mageia.org
>>> Group       : Networking/Other              Source RPM: (none)
>>> Size        : 787418                           License: GPL
>>> Signature   : (none)
>>> Packager    : guillomovitch <guillomovitch>
>>> URL         : http://sourceforge.net/projects/nfs/
>>> Summary     : The utilities for Linux NFS server
>>> Description :
>>> This package provides various programs needed for NFS support on server.
>>>
>>> guillomovitch <guillomovitch> 1:1.2.6-2.mga3:
>>> + Revision: 259882
>>> - add exports.d directory
>>> - use /var/lib/nfs/statd for statd, instead of /var/lib/nfs, as in
>>> fedora
>>> - add modprobe config file to alias 'nfs4' to 'nfs'
>>> - add systemd support
>>> - drop sysinit support
>>> - merge client and server package, as per redhat setup
>>>

>> Some weird things happen with this and systemd...
>> I had nfs server active. After update and reboot, I had no nfs server
>> running.
>> What do I have to add in systemd to get them working ?
>> I got it by:
>> systemctl enable nfs.target (still had no server...)
>> systemctl enable nfs-server.service
>>
>> Are those the correct top level units ?
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Ah, and after reboot systemd still shows nfs-common.service:
>
> werewolf:/etc/systemd# systemctl --all | grep nfs
> proc-fs-nfsd.mount        loaded active   mounted       RPC Pipe File
> System
> nfs-common.service        error  inactive dead          nfs-common.service
> nfs-idmap.service         loaded active   running       NFSv4 ID-name
> mapping daemon
> nfs-mountd.service        loaded active   running       NFS Mount Daemon
> nfs-rquotad.service       loaded inactive dead          NFS Remote Quota
> Server
> nfs-server.service        loaded active   exited        NFS Server
> nfs.target                loaded active   active        Network File
> System Server
>
> werewolf:/etc/systemd# systemctl status nfs-common.service
> nfs-common.service
>        Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
>        Active: inactive (dead) since Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:30:45 +0200; 1h
> 5min ago
Same issue here. I think that's just another bogus output of systemctl
list-units --all output.

BTW, I switched from the debian model (composite services) to the fedora
model (one service per binary), easier to maintain and more inline with
systemd way of life. As a result, it's a bit difficult to figure what is
needed exactly to keep the service running...
--
Murphy was a grunt
		-- Murphy's Military Laws n°56