[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release nfs-utils-1.2.6-2.mga3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 12 10:21:45 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 12/06/12 07:26 did gyre and gimble:
> Le 12/06/2012 02:37, JA Magallón a écrit :

>>> Some weird things happen with this and systemd...
>>> I had nfs server active. After update and reboot, I had no nfs server
>>> running.
>>> What do I have to add in systemd to get them working ?
>>> I got it by:
>>> systemctl enable nfs.target (still had no server...)
>>> systemctl enable nfs-server.service
>>>
>>> Are those the correct top level units ?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Ah, and after reboot systemd still shows nfs-common.service:
>>
>> werewolf:/etc/systemd# systemctl --all | grep nfs
>> proc-fs-nfsd.mount        loaded active   mounted       RPC Pipe File
>> System
>> nfs-common.service        error  inactive dead
>> nfs-common.service
>> nfs-idmap.service         loaded active   running       NFSv4 ID-name
>> mapping daemon
>> nfs-mountd.service        loaded active   running       NFS Mount Daemon
>> nfs-rquotad.service       loaded inactive dead          NFS Remote Quota
>> Server
>> nfs-server.service        loaded active   exited        NFS Server
>> nfs.target                loaded active   active        Network File
>> System Server
>>
>> werewolf:/etc/systemd# systemctl status nfs-common.service
>> nfs-common.service
>>        Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
>>        Active: inactive (dead) since Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:30:45 +0200; 1h
>> 5min ago
> Same issue here. I think that's just another bogus output of systemctl
> list-units --all output.

This happens if it's referred to by another unit. i.e. as an After or a
Before reference etc. It shows up wtthout a proper description and just
the unit name. I think it would be better to put a generic "[Missing] in
the description rather than the unit fragment name, but hey ho. Maybe
this is done already in newer versions.