[Mageia-dev] Proposed Feature:UiAbstraction4mcc

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:06:46 CEST 2012

Le 13/06/2012 13:59, Steven Tucker a écrit :
> Just to be clear, I am not suggesting that we port Yast to Mageia, I am
> suggesting we use its Ui abstraction only. I use Mageia over openSuse
> for many reasons, but I do admire how well Yast works, and would love to
> see similar in Mageia. Perhaps we could start planning the next
> generation of MCC ??
I guess you're volonteer to do the porting work, and to maintain the
tools thereafter. Otherwise, that's moot.

In ten years of contribution to mandrake/mandriva/mageia, I've seen
several similar proposals to rewrite those tools for "better graphical
consistency with my prefered desktop (tm)" or "better maintainability
unsing more adapted languages (c)". Unfortunatly, the level of actual
contributions to the code to reach those marvelous goals barely reached
the verbosity of the discussion on the mailing-list...
--
BOFH excuse #196:

Me no internet, only janitor, me just wax floors.