[Mageia-dev] gstreamer0.10-faac - package request

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Mon Jun 18 17:10:03 CEST 2012

2012/6/18 Philippe DIDIER <philippedidier at laposte.net>:
> 1)
> Mageia creates an official non-free-tainted repo with a special suffix
> (I proposed long time ago "twisted" suffix so that we may have for
> instance :
> vlc-x.y.z.mga2 in core repo,
> vlc-x.y.z.mga2.tainted in tainted repo,
> and vlc-x.y.z-maga2.twisted in non-free-tainted repo
[...]
> 3)
> some Mageia dev create themselves an unofficial third party repo (same
> way as plf...)

I would be in favour of (1), since (3) would mean "We don't want to
add a fourth repo to Mageia so we put it aside", but this is not
really the Mageia philosophy. The purpose of having non-free and
tainted is that the Mageia project is self-sufficient and our users
don't have to rely on 3rd party repositories.