[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 feature proposals review

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Thu Jun 28 14:26:42 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 01:29:12PM +0200, AL13N wrote:
> I've read this too, that's why i said it. But that's exactly it, before
> this was sent out, there is no mention anywhere of plan or request for
> help anywhere...
[..]
> It would have been better if they had stated their plans and requested
> assistance and collaborate with other distros at the very least.

mjg or Canonical?

> But, they kept everything under wraps, and "noone presented itself" even
> though they didn't _really_ ask.

mjg seems to indicate he did have a discussion with others. It seems
logical to me to talk to other companies.

> As i said, if all the major distro players had come together with this
> problem and asked organizations who have such experience (==> cacert.org),
> it would've been a different picture.
>
> I call bullshit, lack of openness and corporate competitivity.

mjg was doing this as a pet project and for the love of Fedora.

Just because you weren't involved doesn't make it bullshit. He's been
blogging about this for ages, one of the few who actually does something
and prepares.

--
Regards,
Olav