[Mageia-dev] mgarepo, svn and working from external debian server

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:28:48 CEST 2012

Le 29/06/2012 13:41, Johnny A. Solbu a écrit :
> On Friday 29 June 2012 12:49, Johnny A. Solbu wrote:
>> I've installed mgarepo on a Debian box now
>
> I have a veird problem that I am unable to resolve, it works on mdv, mga2 and cauldron but not on debian:
> ===
> $ mgarepo sync -d
> error: line 3: Tag takes single token only: Release:    %mkrel 1
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/bin/mgarepo", line 93, in <module>
>      do_command(parse_options, dispatch_command)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MgaRepo/command.py", line 39, in do_command
>      main_func(**opt.__dict__)
>    File "/usr/bin/mgarepo", line 84, in dispatch_command
>      command_module.main()
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MgaRepo/commands/sync.py", line 38, in main
>      do_command(parse_options, sync)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MgaRepo/command.py", line 39, in do_command
>      main_func(**opt.__dict__)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MgaRepo/rpmutil.py", line 514, in sync
>      spec = rpm.TransactionSet().parseSpec(specpath)
>    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/rpm/transaction.py", line 35, in parseSpec
>      return _rpmb.spec(specfile)
> ValueError: can't parse specfile
> ===
> (rpmbuild is installed. A google search suggested it to another user.)
mgarepo doesn't use rpmbuild to parse spec file, but python rpm
bindings. And it doesn't look like a missing component issue, rather
like some kind of version incompatibility (python 2.6, from the stack
trace). Not really surprising on a debian stable version.

You'd rather invest some time in learning to debug python code if you're
really wanting to suceed with this kind of setup.
--
Why is there only ONE Monopolies Commission?
		-- Why Why Why n°47