[Mageia-dev] installing minimal is not really that minimal

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+mageia at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:42:53 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Wolfgang Bornath
<molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/22 Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl>:
>> I care about GNOME and giving
>> a full experience. If people want a more minimal install to the
>> detriment of GNOME, then I don't like it.
>
> Well, no comment on the other parts of the mail, but:
>
> Despite your commitment to Gnome, isn't this for the user to select
> what he wants?

Please, don't mix up things. That bug is about a *SUGGESTS* not a
requires, it is also not part of task-gnome itself, but of
gnome-keyring.

It is perfectly reasonable to have a suggests on seahorse from
gnome-keyring. It is the only sane thing to do I'd like to add.

totem (and even more so its mozilla plugin) tearing in all this is the
bug. Don't blame Olav here.

> If he wants a minimal installation, knowing that he may
> not get the full Gnome experience, isn't that for him to decide
> instead of being forced to pack things on his machine he does not care
> for, whether you like it or not?

A suggested package is not forced on anybody.

ciao
Christian