[Mageia-dev] MariaDB: problem: final estimated release date

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Mar 23 19:34:01 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Maarten Vanraes at 23/03/12 17:39 did gyre and gimble:
> ( see https://mariadb.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa , look at road map )
>
> MariaDB RC 5.5.22	29/Mar/12
> MariaDB GA 5.5.23	09/Apr/12
>
> that means that the GA (final release) is 2 days after release freeze :-(
> (not counting any possible extra delays)
>
> however, i would like to have the final release and not the release candidate.
>
> any thoughts on this?

Well, sh1t happens... We'll just have to go with the RC and we can
always issue an update to the final release afterwards. I don't think
this is a huge problem. If there happen to be delays for other reasons
we can maybe push it in, but I wouldn't bank on it!