[Mageia-dev] MariaDB: problem: final estimated release date

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 23:48:21 CEST 2012

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Maarten Vanraes at 23/03/12 17:39 did gyre and gimble:
>> ( see https://mariadb.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa , look at road map )
>>
>> MariaDB RC 5.5.22	29/Mar/12
>> MariaDB GA 5.5.23	09/Apr/12
>>
>> that means that the GA (final release) is 2 days after release freeze :-(
>> (not counting any possible extra delays)
>>
>> however, i would like to have the final release and not the release candidate.
>>
>> any thoughts on this?
>
> Well, sh1t happens... We'll just have to go with the RC and we can
> always issue an update to the final release afterwards. I don't think
> this is a huge problem. If there happen to be delays for other reasons
> we can maybe push it in, but I wouldn't bank on it!
>
> Col

As a matter of fact, I've noticed lately Mandriva issuing updates to newer versions of mysql for non-security reasons.  Apparently they make
an exception to the no version updates policy for this package now (obviously they keep the updates within the same stable branch).  Perhaps
we could too for mariadb.  Not saying we definitely should, I don't follow mysql/mariadb development.