[Mageia-dev] MariaDB: problem: final estimated release date

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Mon Mar 26 12:20:06 CEST 2012

> Colin Guthrie wrote:
[...]
> As a matter of fact, I've noticed lately Mandriva issuing updates to newer
> versions of mysql for non-security reasons.  Apparently they make
> an exception to the no version updates policy for this package now
> (obviously they keep the updates within the same stable branch).  Perhaps
> we could too for mariadb.  Not saying we definitely should, I don't follow
> mysql/mariadb development.

well, it's more that the rc release will not be supported and the GA
release will only contain bugfixes in difference to rc...

if they are security related or cricital, that's to be seen at the time...

but mysql/mariadb versioning is a bit odd...

they consider that after the Beta release no new features will be included
into the same branch (ie: 5.5)

iow, all new versions greater than 5.5.21 in the 5.5 branch are bugfix
releases...