[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release gdm-3.4.0.1-1.mga2

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Mar 28 10:54:22 CEST 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:44:57AM +0200, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> On 28 March 2012 10:32, ovitters <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> wrote:
> > ovitters <ovitters> 3.4.0.1-1.mga2:
> > + Revision: 227226
> > - update file list
> > - remove patches which don't apply
>
> hum, those patches came from git.
> Either they were merged and you should really remove them from spec
> (not just comment out them) or they should be rediffed.

I checked with Fedora spec and their patches have all been applied in
3.4.0.1 (plymouth patch is upstream now). I still want colin to check,
so left them in as comments.

> What's more, you also disable systemd support (--without-systemd)
> without telling such in the changelog.

Forgot to add a comment.

--without-systemd: colin said it causes issues when booting with
sysvinit.

For Mageia 2 systemd is optional, not all modules fall back to
ConsoleKit automatically. So in case a module has issues, better to
disable it and rely on ConsoleKit even when using systemd.

--
Regards,
Olav