[Mageia-dev] Shutdown button by default in Mageia 2 Gnome request

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Thu Mar 29 11:46:09 CEST 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:07:14PM +0100, Sebastian sebsebseb wrote:
> Anyway going back on topic I strongly believe that Mageia 2's Gnome
> Shell should be showing the shut down button by default, even though
> like Olav and I assume Bkor as well, I would like Mageia's Gnome to
> stay rather close to upstream by default at the moment.

I don't care about this specific topic (shutdown button).

Oxygen is something that I'd wish wasn't the default within GNOME 3.

For the shut down button: if someone packages it and keeps it up to
date, handles bugs if any (meaning: maintainer), then cool.

Don't forget that GNOME shell extensions only work with a specific
version and I won't wait with updating gnome-shell or look at the
shutdown button package if it happens to be packaged when gnome-shell is
updated (IMO: package upgrades should be automated as much as possible).

--
Regards,
Olav