[Mageia-dev] Removal of sun java

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+mageia at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:25:14 CEST 2012

Hi Guillaume,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Guillaume Rousse
<guillomovitch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 30/03/2012 15:04, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Dimitrios Glentadakis<dglent at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>
>> Well - that is what he said:
>> "Don't push security updates to users by replacing package A by package
>> B."
>> Or: "I don't care that other people will continue using software with
>> security flaws, since I know what I am doing."
>
> That is pure over-interpretation of my argumentation. I could be as well
> irrespective of your point of view by replying "you lie".

I think that paraphrasing matched what you were writing prettly closely.

But let's use a few quotes then:
"[...] don't treat uses as blatant idiots.
If I want to keep a proprietary JRE [...] that is my choice, not yours."

"I think I'm best placed than anyone else to evaluate the exact risk
I'm facing on the machines I'm running [...]. The decision [...]
belongs to me. You [Mageia] are not a system administrator [...], you
are a technical solution provider. You're clearly confusing the roles
here."

If that is not reading: Don't push the security updates to the users,
let the user take care of that manually, then what else?

Sure, call me lying, but then I call you schizophrenic.

ciao
Christian