[Mageia-dev] Removal of sun java

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:03:14 CEST 2012

Le 30/03/2012 15:25, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
> If that is not reading: Don't push the security updates to the users,
> let the user take care of that manually, then what else?
That just means 'give the end user everything he needs to take a
decision (advice, notification, packages, popup, whatever) but let him
take this decision about this specific issue himself'.

Let's try to move toward a consensus...

Mixing removing of sun jdk with updating another jdk for security seems
an unfair bundle, as you can't have one without another.

Issuing a specific sun jdk security update package, containing only a
README.urpmi file and a shell script inciting the user to read this file
eventually, would be a fair compromise for me. And can be considered as
a standard practice for semi-automatically removing
very-dangerous-packages-we-cannot-afford-to-let-installed-anywhere-otherwise-the-apocalypse-will-happen.

--
BOFH excuse #8:

static buildup