[Mageia-dev] Are you sure? (no confirmation before proceeding to selected packages installation)

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:40:47 CEST 2012

Le 4 mai 2012 16:29, "Thomas Backlund" <tmb at mageia.org> a écrit :

> 04.05.2012 17:27, Thierry Vignaud skrev:
> > On 4 May 2012 16:19, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >> Mageia's installer has the same problem that bothers me in Mandriva.
The
> >> type install screen with KDE vs Gnome vs custom has no intermediate
step
> >> prior to the start of selected packages installation. Does this bother
no
> >> one else?
> >
> > Too late to report.
> > When people will cease to do ala Gael tests aka just before the final?
>
> Well, only too late for mga2, but it can get on wishlist for mga3
>
> --
> Thomas

Another case is when you install in the existing partitions and in the
partitioning screen you choose the partitions, /, /home, etc, and you have
checked in the checkbox a partition to be formatted.

It seems very logical to me that in this step a confirmation is more than
usefull.
Before a 2-3 years there was a brainstorm in mandriva and i had proposed
the usage of confirmation dialogues. I cannot find the link now, but the
answers that i got was like 'you click on OK so you have to be sure', 'no
needed, useless feature' etc.

If there will be a brainstorm in mageia, i would like to try to propose it
again.