[Mageia-dev] Bugzilla mass ping

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue May 29 17:31:20 CEST 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012, Samuel Verschelde wrote:

> Le samedi 26 mai 2012 14:52:53, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> > >
> > > According to
> > > https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Triage_guide#The_bug_affects_two_different_rel
> > > eases.21_What_now.3F we should clone the still valid cauldron bugs for
> > > Mageia 2, and the cauldron bug should then be set to block the same bug
> > > in Mageia 2.
> >
> > That's a lot of bugs to clone. Instead of cloning every bugs, I would
> > rather set bugs to Cauldron, and when someone fix a cauldron bug he
> > should decide whether it's something worth fixing in Mageia 2 or not,
> > and open a Mageia 2 bug if necessary.
>
> The way I see it, a cauldron bug has a lower priority than a Mageia 1 or 2
> bug, since the cauldron bug must be fixed before Mageia 3, whereas users
> already actually use Mageia 1 and Mageia 2 and can be affected by the bug.

The way I see it, the bug should be fixed first in Cauldron, because
it's the developement version. And when it is confirmed that the fix is
good, it is applied to all affected stable versions.

> So if creating actual bug reports for Mageia 2 would increase the chance for
> the bug to be taken care of, I would still favor cloning every open still
> valid bug in Mageia 2.

I think spamming people with multiple bugs for the same issue only
increase the chances of people ignoring bugzilla emails.

It also makes it difficult to read all infos about the bugs, some infos
will be in the bug for Mageia 2, other infos will be in the Cauldron
bug.

In my opinion we should have only one bug for an issue, with keyword or
comments to indicate that it also affect other versions. And only when a
solution is found, the bug is forked for each release to track the
upload and QA tests.