[Mageia-dev] Hello Mageia!!!!

Joseph Wang joequant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:54:59 CET 2012

OK.  Everything is better.

One reason I hate posting on public e-mail lists is that you get into
silly flame wars
over miscommunication.  Putting everything into updates_testing and keeping it
out of the core Mageia 3 is exactly the right thing to do.  I can go
ahead with trying
to package cinnamon-themes and cinnamon-extras.

I would like to attend the weekly meeting, but I'm in Asia.

> You've clearly spent time on Cinnamon but at no point did I see you post
> any emails regarding these plans here.

That's because

1) I try to avoid posting to public e-mail lists when I don't know the social
conventions and people involved (and if they don't know me), and

2) it happened by accident.  I'm waiting for Fedora to release pyp2rpm with
my changes, and I had some extra cycles to burn.  There are a few tricky
bits in getting cinnamon to work with Mageia, but it "drops in" pretty well

3) it was something of an experiment.  I could have found that it was totally
impossible in which case there wouldn't be much of a point in announcing
ahead of time that I was going to do it.