[Mageia-dev] Hello Mageia!!!!

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Nov 27 08:59:22 CET 2012

On 26/11/2012 18:54, Joseph Wang wrote:
> I would like to attend the weekly meeting, but I'm in Asia.

May I suggest that you leave an IRC window open overnight, then, read
the backscroll, and simply reply to the channel at a more convenient
time if you see things that need comment?  Time zones do make things
difficult, and people will understand your problem.

> 1) I try to avoid posting to public e-mail lists when I don't know the social
> conventions and people involved (and if they don't know me)

Don't worry about that.  Observe the normal politenesses - trying to
avoid treading on toes where possible :-) - and you will be fine.  We
have people from many backgrounds here, and we are used to making
allowances for non-native English.  People will simply ask for
clarification if we don't understand what you are saying.  Relax and the
experience will be more enjoyable :-)

Anne