[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:29:16 CEST 2012

2012/10/4 Johnny A. Solbu <cooker at solbu.net>:
> On Wednesday 03 October 2012 16:07, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>> - how many people for using 'non-free' ?
>
> I vote for non-free

And I vote for tainted.

My position about mixing non-free into the core repository with a filter:
That may be technically possible to integrate into urpm* and rpmdrake.
But it will create confusion and problems.

1. Problems for mirror maintainers who do not want to mirror non-free
(if we cater to the free-enthousiasts at other issues we have to do it
here as well).

2. Problems for users who may not trust the filter system, they rather
trust a visual separation.

As for the repositories core and non-free it is just right as it is -
userfriendly and easy to understand for everybody. And I really wonder
why this should be changed anyway.

--
wobo