[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 4 13:23:07 CEST 2012

On 10/04/2012 02:29 AM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> My position about mixing non-free into the core repository with a
> filter: That may be technically possible to integrate into urpm* and
> rpmdrake. But it will create confusion and problems.

> 1. Problems for mirror maintainers who do not want to mirror non-free
> (if we cater to the free-enthousiasts at other issues we have to do it
> here as well).

That's a good point, but are there actually any of these ?  Was there
any PLF mirror that only hosted free ?

> 2. Problems for users who may not trust the filter system, they rather
> trust a visual separation.

I can't see this.  If they trust us to place the package correctly to
start with, why wouldn't they trust a filter we write ?  And if they
don't trust us, they're reading the license themselves anyway.