[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:29:40 CEST 2012

2012/10/4 Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com>:
> On 10/04/2012 11:11 AM, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>>

>> Or he just forgot to add the tag - that's easier than to chose a
>> repository on intention.
>>
> Doesn't the name of the license already appear in the packaging ? Why would
> you need a new separate tag which could be forgotten ?

Ah, that's just my imagination how this filter could work. If the
filter searches for the license description and if all possible
licenses are known to the filter, then the packagers are fine. Still
the trust on a software filter is not the same as the trust in a
visible separation. If you think there is no technical difference,
this discussion is not just on technical of the issue.

If I go into an empty room which is dark, everybody could tell me that
the room is empty and I can't hurt myself by falling over some
furniture - still I'd prefer the lights on.

--
wobo