[Mageia-dev] ant using Sun Java?

David Sjölin david.sjolin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 12:04:58 CEST 2012

Hello!

I just installed Mageia 2 on my laptop (I've been using Mageia 1 up to
now), and since I'm doing some java developing I've installed Java,
Eclipse, Subversion and Ant. Since I use Sun Java at work I want to use Sun
Java at home as well instead of OpenJDK, so I installed it in /opt and
created a symbolic link to /usr/lib.

But when I try to install ant it has a dependency on openjdk 1.5, 1.6 or
1.7. Would it be possible to setup the dependencies so it checks PATH for
existing java-versions instead? I can override the paths so it uses Sun
Java, but it would be simpler if it was possible to install Sun Java before
installing ant and then not install OpenJDK?

Regards,

David Sjölin