[Mageia-dev] ant using Sun Java?

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 13:04:10 CEST 2012

Le 07/10/2012 12:04, David Sjölin a écrit :
> But when I try to install ant it has a dependency on openjdk 1.5, 1.6 or
> 1.7. Would it be possible to setup the dependencies so it checks PATH
> for existing java-versions instead? I can override the paths so it uses
> Sun Java, but it would be simpler if it was possible to install Sun Java
> before installing ant and then not install OpenJDK?
While technically possible, using file dependencies seems a bad idea
here, because they have their own limitations. And more generally, the
whole idea of altering our packages to allow better interaction with
non-packaged or foreign-controlled stuff defeat the whole purpose of a
self-contained distribution.

Just remove openjdk using rpm --nodeps option. Or better, build your own
empty package, providing the missing dependencies (java, jre) as virtual
packages. I wonder if we could add some kind of --ignore-dependency
option to urpmi to achieve the same result.

--
BOFH excuse #253:

We've run out of licenses