[Mageia-dev] ant using Sun Java?

David Sjölin david.sjolin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:44:41 CEST 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>wrote:

> Le 07/10/2012 12:04, David Sjölin a écrit :
>
>  But when I try to install ant it has a dependency on openjdk 1.5, 1.6 or
>> 1.7. Would it be possible to setup the dependencies so it checks PATH
>> for existing java-versions instead? I can override the paths so it uses
>> Sun Java, but it would be simpler if it was possible to install Sun Java
>> before installing ant and then not install OpenJDK?
>>
> While technically possible, using file dependencies seems a bad idea here,
> because they have their own limitations. And more generally, the whole idea
> of altering our packages to allow better interaction with non-packaged or
> foreign-controlled stuff defeat the whole purpose of a self-contained
> distribution.
>
> Just remove openjdk using rpm --nodeps option. Or better, build your own
> empty package, providing the missing dependencies (java, jre) as virtual
> packages. I wonder if we could add some kind of --ignore-dependency option
> to urpmi to achieve the same result.

Thanks, I'll try that (rpm --nodeps). Yes, being able to skip the
java-dependency in the installer (I used Install/Remove Software), would
probably be good, with OpenJDK selected by default still. Now I got the
option to choose java-version, so I guess a solution would be to be able to
choose "1.5, 1.6, 1.7 or none".

Regards,

David