[Mageia-dev] GNOME llvmpipe rendering in gnome-session-3.6.0-2.mga3

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Mon Oct 8 14:39:19 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 02:32:24PM +0200, ovitters wrote:
> Name        : gnome-session                Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 3.6.0                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 2.mga3                        Build Date: Mon Oct  8 14:26:33 2012

> ovitters <ovitters> 3.6.0-2.mga3:
> + Revision: 303504
> - add patch to unblacklist llvmpipe

I've unblacklisted llvmpipe like Fedora has done for a few releases. In
some cases I noticed my normal driver not working (reason unknown), so
in case GNOME is sometimes slow, check if it isn't rendering using
llvmpipe.

This should make it easier to run GNOME in a VM or any case where
hardware acceleration is missing.
--
Regards,
Olav