[Mageia-dev] GNOME llvmpipe rendering in gnome-session-3.6.0-2.mga3

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Mon Oct 8 18:32:16 CEST 2012

Olav Vitters a écrit :
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 02:32:24PM +0200, ovitters wrote:
>> Name        : gnome-session                Relocations: (not relocatable)
>> Version     : 3.6.0                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
>> Release     : 2.mga3                        Build Date: Mon Oct  8 14:26:33 2012
>
>> ovitters <ovitters> 3.6.0-2.mga3:
>> + Revision: 303504
>> - add patch to unblacklist llvmpipe
>
> I've unblacklisted llvmpipe like Fedora has done for a few releases. In
> some cases I noticed my normal driver not working (reason unknown), so
> in case GNOME is sometimes slow, check if it isn't rendering using
> llvmpipe.

On my system, running mga2, unblacklisting llvmpipe (so as to use
regular gnome3, instead of classic/fallback mode) makes all display in
regular gnome3 run extremely slow.
It must be that llvmpipe is used for all display, even when acceleration
isn't indicated.

BTW, regular gnome3 might well be called "tablet mode".  A lot of
extensions have been developped to revert to a display more like gnome2.

--
André